Tranquil - The Studio challenge

I have certainly met my scrap goal for this month.  While I was looking at a site that lists DT calls I found this challenge and could not resist.
 The studio Challenge has monthly challenges and this is the one for January: 

Today is a simple challenge, as its the new year we want you to do a bit of clearing up! Whats sat on your desk? Are there photos, papers or bits and pieces that have been sat there for ages waiting to be scrapped but you never seem to get around to using them? Now is your chance to use them and clear your desk!

So I sat at my desk and only used what I could reach to complete this challenge,  unfortunately this does highlight that my desk possibly needs a little cleaning up. 

To start I had 3 pages I had stencilled and inked a couple of days ago for a layout but I changed my mind about using these papers in that layout.  I instead cut the papers into 2.8in squares and patched them on to black card stock.  
 
I had some tags that I had made a couple of years ago, so chose one to go on this layout.  The base tag is decoupaged and covered with a embossed transparency which I inked, then wrapped with twine and a couple of labels attached.  
The elephant is from a small note book that the boys got at a gala for 20 cents.  I used the handmade pages of the note book as the photo matt together with a BH Project life overlay. 

 
I used some random rub-on's that I had in a tray 

 
All done to now on display until the next layout takes pride of place.  The photo brings back great memories of a holiday we had in Hamilton, where we visited the Hamilton gardens


 31 degrees in balmy Palmerston North today,  All the doors and windows are open, thankfully there is a breeze, the boys spent most of the day in the pool and I have sat on the deck with a drink of old fashion lemonade.  
Gregor spent the day out at the woodville Moto-Cross (dusty, hot and no shade) .  
 Nice day had by all. 
Happy scrapping
Jonnece





Comments

  1. Love, love, love how you made the background - lovely, creative idea!
    Thank you for playing with us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, mixed media background! Beautiful color, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year: Do-Al(l) Kreatives

It's all about the Cake - Layout

DO-AL(l) Creatives - First year birthday celebrations and Blog Hop